Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some Groovy Finds for Thrift Share Monday

Marc and I rolled out of bed early on Saturday morning.  Our first sale wasn't supposed to start until 8, but I had a funny feeling about.  I told him, "Let's leave early...I think this sale might open before 8."  We ended up arriving around 7:30, and sure enough, the garage was open.  Only one dealer in sight, though, so I managed to scoop up some fun things.  Here's the haul (mostly from that first sale):


The sale was of a lady who LOVED dolls, and in fact all the bedrooms were filled with dolls of all shapes and sizes.  I only managed to pick a few that interested me, if you can really call them "dolls":


A set of foo dogs and two geisha girls


I found another cool stainless cake saver, and since I already have one, this one is for sellling.  I spotted some orange-themed things for my kitchen, including a cool orange-printed bottle and a really nice embroidered bowl of oranges:


I finally found a chip and dip bowl.  I found the top, smaller bowl and the gold clip on the dining table, and so I went hunting for the larger bowl, which I eventually found in the china cabinet.  I felt so victorious!


These little suitcases are in great shape and would great as a funky briefcase.  


Finally, my favorite purchase of the day was found by Marc.  This plant stand was sitting in the living room and I had even picked one of the "violet pots" up.  It wasn't until I saw Marc being so fascinated that I thought they might be worth getting:


There are four of these pots, and everything, including the violets, leaves, and terra cotta pots are knitted.  Including the "drip catchers":


After thinking about it a bit, I agreed that they were pretty cool.  


So we decided to take them, plant stand and all.


I love buying these kind of things at estate sales.  Just thinking about all the time and effort that went into making them makes me love these items all the more.  

6 comments:

  1. Those are fab finds, loving the suitcases! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you are selling the cake thingie...I THINK it matches me canister set and I would be interested in buying it. tiffany@diamondeventsbytiffany.com

    Love the chip and dip set. I found one recently at a thrift (highly unlikely, right?). I can not wait to use it!!!!

    The knitted pots and plants are so cute. I bet whoever knitted those did so with such care. They couldn't have been an easy project (but maybe they are, I know nothing about knitting).

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! My favorite has to be the crocheted flower pots, those are just lovely little gems. I'm a tad bit jealous at the crocheting talent it took to do them! :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your awesome eye!!!
    So good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely love the violets (how wonderfully gorgeous are they!)And those suitcases what can I say? L-O-V-E them!!!

    ReplyDelete